Orris Bath Bar 8 oz
The finest triple milled bath bar with fragrance crafted by perfumer Stephen Nilsen utilizing the same story-inspiring philosophy as our premium eau de parfums. Commodity's soapers enrich a neutral vegetable base with a proprietary blend of ingredients, including chia seed oil, pistachio butter, cupuacu butter and coconut oil. Blended together, they provide nourishing, moisturizing and soothing benefits while gently cleansing skin.
It’s not every day you meet a dreamer and a scientist. As a teenager, Stephen came across a National Geographic article about perfumers, and he instantly knew what path he wanted to follow. His ever-inquisitive mind led him to the world of science, and he received his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering. After an established career in flavors, he switched paths to follow his lifelong dream of becoming a perfumer. His inquisitive nature and curious mind brought him to New York City, where he started his perfumery training. Stephen believes in following dreams; his approach to perfume reflects a sense of play and intelligence. He believes that fragrances can truly bring people to a place of happiness, using scent as a visceral cue to recall memories or create new experiences.
“Orris root was my muse for this fragrance. When I contrasted it with floral elements like iris, and combined sparkling aldehydes, an unexpected, cool effervescent effect was created – an inebriating skin-like sensuality.”
- Top Notes Recognized immediately upon application of the perfume
- Carrot Seed Orpur, Pink Peppercorn, Italian Bergamot, Coriander Seed
- Mid Notes These “Heart notes” appear once the top notes evaporate
- White Lily of the Valley, Tea Blossom, Patchouli Oil, Moroccan Cedarwood
- Base Notes Final fragrance notes that appear once the top notes are completely evaporated
- Italian Orris, Vetiver Oil, Vanilla Madagascar Orpur